About Me

My photo
Southern France
Lynn Deasy is a freelance writer, author, foodie, and garden tinkerer. She lives in a 600 year old house in southern France with her husband, Christophe. Currently, she is looking for a literary agent for her memoir CA VA? STORIES FROM RURAL LIFE IN SOUTHERN FRANCE which examines the oddities of French provincial living from an outsider’s point of view through a series of adventures that provide more than a fair share of frustration, education, admiration, and blisters…. yes, lots and lots of blisters. Lynn blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Door to Door

I’m back.
Twenty six hours door to door.
I’m not complaining, I had an extended vacation visiting family and friends back in the US.  The journey was long, but worth every minute of it.  I know I said I was going to pop in from time to time over the break, but just like everyone else, time slipped past me and before I knew it, I found myself back in France.  Here’s the rundown on what went down:
Train, plane, family, shopping, eating, presents, chocolate, Santa, real Vermont maple syrup, bacon and eggs, Michigan, friends, New Year’s Eve, Bell’s brewery, good burgers, wii bowling, homemade pizza, New Glarus beer, standing rib roast, and the first snow of the season. 
The last came in as a shocker on the very late date of January 12th, the day of our departure.  Chicago somewhat surprised me here.  A city that normally takes a snow storm in stride suddenly got nervous when 6 inches fell.  Our international flight out was only slightly delayed, but I learned from stranded passengers that domestic flights were cancelled across the board.
We missed mild temperatures while away, but were welcomed back with hard frosts.  Work in the village appears to be continuing, but I’m unclear on what’s been done and what still needs to be completed.  We look forward to a good year, filled with hope, love, warm fires, homemade breads, good health, a bountiful garden, and lots of adventure.    
             

No comments:

Post a Comment