About Me

My photo
Southern France
Lynn Deasy is a freelance writer, author, foodie, and garden tinkerer. She lives in a 600 year old house in southern France with her husband, Christophe. Currently, she is looking for a literary agent for her memoir CA VA? STORIES FROM RURAL LIFE IN SOUTHERN FRANCE which examines the oddities of French provincial living from an outsider’s point of view through a series of adventures that provide more than a fair share of frustration, education, admiration, and blisters…. yes, lots and lots of blisters. Lynn blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pleasure of the Season: The First Strawberry


“Pleasures of the Season” is a series of posts which appear from time to time.  They focus on something special that occurs only seasonally, often fleeting, and something we anticipate.  The posts highlight moments of what I’ve learned about living with the seasons since moving to Southern France.


What more can be said?  There is truly no pleasure like tasting the first strawberry from the garden.  Well, at least the first strawberry for us; this is actually the third one ripe.  The first strawberry we eyed with great anticipation was gobbled up by a fox and the second strawberry was pecked away by an unwelcomed bird.  I was greatly disappointed each time I wandered in the garden for my evening treat only to find it gone.  Success, at last, and it was well worth the wait.  Now, only a few more weeks, patience, perhaps a high fence and something to stop the birds and I might have enough on my hands for a shortcake. 

I think it might be time to try my hand at homemade whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment