About Me

My photo
Southern France
Lynn Deasy is a freelance writer, author, foodie, and garden tinkerer. She lives in a 600 year old house in southern France with her husband, Christophe. Currently, she is looking for a literary agent for her memoir CA VA? STORIES FROM RURAL LIFE IN SOUTHERN FRANCE which examines the oddities of French provincial living from an outsider’s point of view through a series of adventures that provide more than a fair share of frustration, education, admiration, and blisters…. yes, lots and lots of blisters. Lynn blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I’m in the Weeds!



Can you find the tomato plant in this photo?

It’s almost mid-summer, and like many people who aren’t at the beach on vacation, I’ve got my head in the garden, more specifically,I've got my head in the weeds.  No matter how hard we try or no matter our good intentions, the weeds seem to get the best of us.  We’ve moved from “control” mode to “all out defense”.  I turn my back after weeding the tomatoes and they pop back up again like I’ve never been there.  It’s an all-out battle as we wait and hope for the first tomato to ripen without being strangled by the invasive intruders.  But, this is not new, we do this game every year and every year we promise not to let it get out of control.  I wonder when we will learn. 

Shoot!  I’ve turned my back on the onions again; I must get back to them before the weeds try to take me down too. 

I swear I just weeded the onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment