About Me

My photo
Southern France
Lynn Deasy is a freelance writer, author, foodie, and garden tinkerer. She lives in a 600 year old house in southern France with her husband, Christophe. Currently, she is looking for a literary agent for her memoir CA VA? STORIES FROM RURAL LIFE IN SOUTHERN FRANCE which examines the oddities of French provincial living from an outsider’s point of view through a series of adventures that provide more than a fair share of frustration, education, admiration, and blisters…. yes, lots and lots of blisters. Lynn blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and sometimes Friday.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Who Won?

What did I tell you about that iris?
I didn’t watch the Super Bowl last night; not that I could have if it was broadcasted, so I have no idea who won the game.  The TV was out.  As predicted, the spring like weather didn’t last and we got an artic like weekend with wicked winds that came howling down from Norway.  The winds and the cold knocked the local transmitter out and we got a big ‘zero’ when we tried to find any television channels.  Just a reminder: cable doesn’t exist, and where we’re at, options are limited. It’s not the first time this has happened.  Our region is noted for having a less than acceptable transmitter; it’s weak at best.  We can’t even get cell phone reception in the house; Christophe has to walk out onto the terrace to get his calls, regardless of the weather.  It’s one of the “perks” of living where we are.  But honestly, I don’t know if I would have wanted to watch the Super Bowl anyways.  All the commercials are cut out and French commentary on the game is dull, very dull.  I did get to watch it a few years when Devin Hester from the Bears ran 92 yards on the opening kickoff for a touchdown.  That was exciting, and I screamed louder than anyone else in France. It was the first time the Super Bowl was broadcasted here; we stayed up to 2am to watch it live.  It was also the second to last time I saw it listed in the TV program.  I guess it didn’t go over very well, but that could be because the French commentary of the game was as exciting as the other side of a butter knife.  Yeah, it was that good.  At least I can get the game highlights and commercials on the internet; that is, when it’s working.

No comments:

Post a Comment